Do you find it harder to roll out of bed in the morning during the winter?
You’re not alone, many people do experience a dip in their energy levels and vitality around this time of year.
Winter brings colder temperatures and shorter days with less sunlight and sometimes a dark winter morning can make it difficult to get out of bed.
Here are some tips tricks you can use to help boost your energy levels and leave you feeling ready to face the cold and frosty days ahead.
- Get a Good Breakfast: It is the most important meal of the day! Try to get a mix of unrefined carbs, lean protein and healthy fat. These will provide a quick energy boost, while the protein and fat take longer to digest giving you more staying power.
- Take a Brisk Walk: Walking is a great form of exercise and produces endorphins, which will give you a natural boost. It doesn’t have to be a long walk—just 10 minutes in the fresh air can boost your day!
- Avoid caffeine: Despite popular belief, caffeine from coffee, tea and energy drinks can lead to a dip in energy. Instead enjoy a warming mug of green tea or a fresh vegetable/fruit juice
- Eat high protein foods: High protein can be found in tuna, chicken and eggs every day, particularly at lunch as it will help improve afternoon alertness.
- Exercise: maintaining an active lifestyle during the colder months can boost energy levels as physical activity is proven to increase energy and reduce fatigue. Try Boot Camp style workouts to really get you going.